Friday, March 6, 2009

Florida Entanglement … Part 2

Concentrations of markers imply entanglement vigor: … the greater the concentration, the stronger the network. Established patterns imply coherency. Florida's markers - sound sequence and word duplication - are strong and correlative.


The A-Lee Sequence
CayleeImmokaleeHaleigh. Saying the words out loud gave me shivers. The visual similarity between Caylee and Immokalee reinforced my discomfort.

Confession: … when I began collecting data, my bias was that I expected to verify a female-exclusive entanglement. My myopia! My bad!

In quantum situations, questions shape answers. Ask if light is a particle, for example, and you'll get an affirmative reply. Ask if light is a wave and you'll receive equal validation for that. Entanglements exhibit quantum's propensity to please interrogators.

To neutralize my bias, the data had to make its own statements; I added boys and girls alike. Even so, I didn't expect overt markers relating to males to be interwoven with those of females. Instead, I rather anticipated finding two separate entanglements. Adji Desir from Immokalee applied the brakes to my female-only prejudice.

The Exact Marie Factor @ 60%
Marie is a popular name; according to pokemyname.com, 8.98% of Americans claim it. That's 1 in 111. Florida's 2007 population estimate was 18,251,243; females accounted for 50.9% of the total. Using rounded numbers to guesstimate, half of the state's population - roughly 9,000,000 - is female. Out of that nine million, 810,000 (9%) are likely to be named Marie.


My homemade spreadsheet has 5 cells for child names and 5 for the names of their mothers. Since 9% of 10 = .899999+, one Marie on the list would be about right. Two wouldn't be unusual.

Instead of 1 or 2, however, the Marie tally is 6 … and 60% flatly defies the odds.

Although 60% is steep, it's possible that the true percentage is higher. While Cindy Marie Anthony was Caylee's biological grandmother, she functioned as a surrogate parent. She even referred to herself as Caylee's mom. Adding her to the mother column would bring Marie appearances up to 70%. I won't do that but I may add a couple of grandparent columns.

.

No comments: